Ten Minute Stir Fried Chicken with Nuts
- 1 Tablespoon peanut or vegetable oil
- 2 cups sweet pepper strips, onion slices, or a combination of the two
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1 cup halved walnuts, whole cashews, or other nuts
- 3 Tablespoons hoisin sauce
Adapted from The Minimalist Cooks at Home by Mark Bittman
Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet and heat on high for one minute. Add the veggies in a single layer and cook, undisturbed, until they begin to char a little on the bottom, about one minute. Stir and cook one minute more.
Add the chicken and stir once or twice. Cook one minute until the bottom begins to char. Cook and stir another minute or two, then check a chicken piece to make sure it’s done. Lower heat to medium.
Stir in the nuts and the hoisin sauce. Cook about 15 seconds then add 2 tablespoons water. Cook, stirring, until it’s bubbly and glazes all the chicken and veggies. Serve with rice.