In-a-Pinch Cucumber Salad
- 1 long or two short Armenian cucumbers or 3-4 lemon cukes
- salt and freshly milled white pepper
- 2 to 3 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
- champagne vinegar or fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp. fresh dill or parsley, chopped
This recipe is adapted from Vegetarian Cooking for Everyone by Deborah Madison
Thinly slice cucumbers. Toss the cucumbers with a few pinches salt, pepper to taste, and enough oil to coat lightly. Add a few drops vinegar and the herb of your choice. Serves 4.