- 6 oz mixed greens
- 1-2 Fuyu Persimmons, peeled (optional) and sliced
- 1-2 tangerines or other citrus, peeled and segmented
- 1/2 cup fresh pomegranate arils (from half a pomegranate)
- 1/2 cup candied pecans
- 2 oz fresh goat cheese, crumbled
- Citrus Vinaigrette
Adapted from FoodFanatic.com. 4-6 side servings.
Divide greens among serving bowls. Top with slices of persimmon and citrus, sprinkle of pomegranate seeds, a few candied pecans, and crumbled goat cheese. Drizzle with dressing, toss gently to combine.
Citrus Vinaigrette — In a small jar with a tightly fitting lid, put half a minced shallot, one and a half tablespoons champagne vinegar, juice from one lemon, about 3/4 cup olive oil, a little lemon or yuzu zest, one tablespoon of fresh thyme leaves, and salt and pepper to taste. Close up the jar and shake it all up.
- 2 large celery stalks
- 1 medium kohlrabi bulb (~8 oz), trimmed and peeled
- 1 small pomegranate
- 3 1/2 cups mizuna (3 oz) or other tender, bitter salad greens such as arugula or dandelion
- 2 tablespoons champagne vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
Adapted from Martha Stewart Living
Using a mandoline or sharp knife, thinly slice the celery and kohlrabi. Cut kohlrabi slices into 1/4-inch wide strips.
Halve the pomegranate and remove enough seeds to yield 1/2 cup (reserve remainder for another use). Add seeds, celery, kohlrabi, and mizuna to a serving bowl.
Whisk together vinegar, salt, pepper, sugar, and mustard. Whisking constantly, add oil in a slow, steady stream; whisk until emulsified. Toss with salad and serve!